Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review - My Familiar Stranger by Victoria Danann



Title: My Familiar Stranger
Series: Order of The Black Swan #1
Author: Victoria Danann
Genre: Fantasy, Vampires
Publisher: N/A
Received: Purchased
Release Date: April 2012
Pages: N/A ebook
Rating:


What is it About?

Elona is pushed into a alternative world where many things are similar and some things not. There are people in the old world who knew her but in the new world they have never met her.   She also learns that in this world there are vampires and she has super strength.

My Thoughts:

To save her life Elona was pushed thru alternative dimensional hole.   She comes out of a beaten mess.   Not knowing what she was the secret order she was thrown into wanted her dead except one person.   As she heals she learns that in this alternative world there was another her but she died as a child.  She learns there are vampires and one with a particular interest in her.  She learns she has super strength and super speed.  After Elona has healed and has bonded with the order of the black swan she sees a place for her but the order is not sure they want a girl to join.


I had a hard time keeping my interest in this book.  I liked it the more it went on. The love triangle did keep my attention.  I liked Ram the elf and Elona as a couple.  Yes there are also elves in this story.  I thought was interesting how they gave her super powers.  I think it would be interesting to find out why she has them in another book.

I picked up this book free from amazon on the kindle.  Fantasy is my favorite genre. I feel like the story did not flow or make a connection to me. It was an okay start to a series and I will say that the 2nd does have chance of me reading it.



Website:

Official Website of Victoria Danann
http://www.victoriadanann.com/

No comments: