Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Shannon's Review - We Crossed A Bridge And It Trembled by Wendy Pearlman




Title: We Crossed A Bridge And It Trembled
Series: None
Author: Wendy Pearlman
Genre: Non-Fiction, History, War
Publisher: Custom House
Received: From Life’s Library Book Club
Release Date: June 2017
Pages: 352
Rating:



Author Wendy Pearlman’s Official Websites:




Website:
None

Blog:
None
Facebook:
None

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Wendy_Pearlman



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Collected stories of people who have lived in Syria during the horrific civil war. It is a first-hand account of the real-life suffering of those that have survived.

Rating a book like this is hard because the accounts in this book are real and terrible. The stories are not to be taken lightly. Many people died and had they not have this book would not have to exist.

I feel like the formatting of the stories could have been better. I read this a bit ago and honestly, I do not remember much… but I think that is because of how I have trained my mind to get over the dark side of my illness. I try to let the negative go and move on. That does not mean I think what these people went through should not be ignored.

This is a book that I wish did not exist. I do remember it was a tough read and very real encounters.

No comments: