Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Shannon's Review - The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho







Title: The Alchemist
Series: N/A
Author: Paulo Coelho
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Received: Purchased
Release Date: 1988
Pages: 192
Rating:


Shannon’s Thoughts:

The Alchemist’s main protagonist is a young man who starts out as a shepherd.  The young man is only known to the reader as “The Boy”, he is never given a name.  The boy wonders about a dream he has had twice in a row.  He sees a gypsy to read his future and then meets a strangely dressed person claiming to be a King.  He is encouraged by both to search for the treasure that is in his dreams.

There were many things in The Alchemist that come up that I am able to relate with in life. The Alchemist, although fiction, is written with much wisdom, and mysticism.  The Alchemist is such a good book that the whole time I was reading it I kept thinking “After I am done I will read it again”  because there is just so much in the book to grasp and understand.   I have not read it a second time but it is a book I plan to keep and read again maybe once a year.

I truly find nothing wrong with the book.  There is maybe things I disliked about the story like the surprising ending.  Still does not ruin the greatness this book shows.

The Alchemist is a tale for those still looking for themselves and their life’s treasure.



Website:

Paulo Coelho Official Website
http://paulocoelho.com

1 comment:

Ankit said...

I really like the way you have written this. I have also dona a review on this book. Check it out.
The Alchemist Book Review