Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Shannon's Review - Crown Of Coral And Pearl by Mara Rutherford





Title: Crown Of Coral And Pearl
Series: Crown Of Coral And Pearl #1
Author: Mara Rutherford
Illustrator/Book Cover Design: Unknown
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy, Young Adult,
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Received: Free For Honest Review
Release Date: August 2019
Pages: 432
Rating:




Author Mara Rutherford’s Official Websites:


(borrowed from Goodreads.com)


Website:
https://www.mararutherford.com/

Blog:
None Found

Facebook:
None Found

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/mararaewrites

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/mararutherfordwrites/



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Identical twin sisters Zadie and Nor live in the ocean village of Varenia. The Royal family of Ilara marries only the beautiful women of Varenia. The twins are known to be the most beautiful. After one sister Nor has an accident as a child that puts Zadie in the lead to marry. As she grows Zadie finds love in her own village but is still promised to at prince of Ilara. She will do anything to stay with her love even if it destroys her beauty and the protection of her village by not marrying a prince. Only her sister, Nor, can help keep the peace but only in secret.

I found the background story of the characters interesting. The ocean village being part of the kingdom of a royal family wanting only beautiful women to marry. The story does get a little deeper than the surface. I loved Nor who is so strong and daring.

I actually read this a year ago and some of it is still with me and some is not. I feel I need a refresher on what happened in the end. And even though I do not remember the end I remember the good feelings I got from reading it. You know that comforting feeling you get when reading about characters you like.

I am eagerly awaiting the second book. I think that anyone who reads Young Adult fantasy romance books will love this book.

No comments: