Monday, July 1, 2019

Mumbling Monday - Money On The Brain


Money On The Brain


It is stressful when you are having money problems. I keep trying to wrack my brain on how to get my art and painting out there and make money somehow. I have tried sending my writing places but my writing is not good enough. But hell you know that if you are reading this blog. I am no grammar genius. I write how I talk and do reread and edit my writing but I miss stuff all the time. I trying to learn to budget especially with grocery shopping. We do Hello Fresh every week for 3 days but I am thinking it is time to end that. It is a great subscription box and it has helped us eat a little better and healthier. If anyone has any links to cheap healthy all day meal planners please share. 


Finished Reading this week


The Sense Of An Ending by Julian Barnes

An interesting 160-page novel. About a man and his relationships throughout his life. There were definitely areas where I could relate to the main character and not in good ways. I read this for a book club I was in but probably will not continue. 




Other Stuff I Did This Week


Binge Watching


The Dead Zone: Season 4 (Amazon Prime)

I finished the 4th season. My favorite episode from the season was episode 5: Heroes & Demons. About an autistic boy who uses the art of Lord Of The Rings to communicate.







Life In Pieces (CBS)

I am kinda sad this show has ended. It had a good 4 seasons but I wished for longer. If you have never watched it was a comedic show about 4 families intertwined. I loved the comedy and quirky characters. 




Overlord

This was hubby’s pick. It is basically a sci-fi movie taking place during WWII in France. It was kinda boring the first half of the movie and I did not get really into it until the actor who plays Fitz on Agents Of Shield turned….ill. It also had Wyatt Russell who is Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s son.





Overboard (Amazon Prime)

This is a remake of a 1980’s movie with the gender roles swapped. The original, of course, is so much better. This version was not horrible but was missing a lot of the chemistry that was in the original. There was also much more reading involved then I expected as some of the characters speak Spanish. 



Spiderman Into The Spider-Verse (Netflix)

This movie was good but it was so hyped up I wanted to be more than it was. Probably would have been best to see in the theatre.



The Spy Who Dumped Me (Amazon Prime and Hulu)

This was an okay movie. The spy parody movies are overdone to me. Some ha ha moments but a lot of bullshit moments as well.




Just my imagination

A frequent customer bought two boxes this week. The one with the owl on top (picture below) And one personalize for someone (also below) The custom one features the persons’ cat named Pretty Girl. She also collects American eagle figures and perfume bottles. That is why Pretty Girl is nuzzling the eagle inside the box. I painted colorful perfume bottles around the sides of the box.


No comments: