Thursday, February 28, 2019

Shannon's Review - The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer



Title: The Chemist
Series: Possibly?
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Genre: Fiction, Thriller
Publisher: Back Bay Books
Received: Purchased
Release Date: July 2017
Pages: 521
Rating:


Author Stephenie Meyer’s Official Websites:

(photo was taken from goodreads.com)

Website:

Blog:
NONE

Facebook:
NONE

Twitter:
NONE


Shannon’s Thoughts:

A woman on the run, aka “Alex”, is trying to survive day by day.  She used to work for the government doing things to people to make others tell their secrets.  She is a smart scientist who is running from her former bosses until one day one of those former bosses asks her to do one last torture to gain information to save the world from a deadly virus, after that she is free.  She agrees and soon finds the job they gave her isn’t what she thought it was. Surprise, surprise the boss lied.

So far I have pretty much read all Stephenie Meyer’s books.  I have really liked the non-Twilight books the best. This fits in that category.  “Alex” is not your regular heroine. She is no angel and has done many bad things. Things she uses to keep herself safe is almost very James Bond-like.  She is very smart and very scared. I enjoyed the little touches about the earring and rings with poison. The beginning of the book I was a little leary and wasn’t into it but that changed pretty soon after. I love the book the characters even if some of the book was over the top but for me, it was one of those books that I wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

One dislike would only be the romance part.  While I did like the thought of the romance, I think in real life this would never happen but that is what fictional stories do. They create the unimaginable and make you believe things that you may not have thought of.

The Chemist is rumored to be the start of a series, just like The Host.  I am eagerly awaiting a new book by Mrs. Meyer. I check her website a lot.  If you decide to read this keep an open mind it is entertaining fiction, not a philosophical book.


1 comment:

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!