Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Shannon's Review - The Wicked And The Divine: The Faust Act Vol. 1 by Kieron Gillen



TheWickedAndDivine.jpg

Title: The Wicked And The Divine: The Faust Act Vol. 1
Series: The Wicked And The Divine
Author: Kieron Gillen
Genre: Fiction, Graphic Novel, Fantasy
Publisher: Image Comics
Received: Bought
Release Date: November 2014
Pages: 144
Rating:
rating5.smgif.gif



Author Kieron Gillen’s Official Websites:

Website:
N/A

Blog:

Facebook:
N/A

Twitter:



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Laura is obsessed with these pop stars who happen to be Gods reincarnated.  The Gods come back every 90 years but do not hang around for long because they tend to die young.  Some people love the Gods others think they are a nuisance or fraud.  There is a murder, Lucifer aka Luci is framed and sent to jail. Laura tries to help her by talking to the other Gods and asking for help.

I find many of image comics have beautiful art and this one is no different.  Although I will say this the art reminds me a little of the original Jem And The Holograms cartoon which is a good thing to me because I loved it back in the day.  The story has some holes and still needs a lot of explaining especially all background of the Gods.

Many people say the writing was hard to follow.  There was only one part that was hard to follow for me which was in the beginning when Laura was talking to the reporter about Luci.  I couldn’t tell if the reporter was interviewing Luci from jail or the answers were coming from a flashback from Laura’s conversation with Luci.  So yes there is some confusion at times but did not stop me from really liking this graphic novel’s beginning.

I had never really heard about this series before hand it was the cover that caught me. Now that I have read it I can’t wait to look for the second volume next visit to the bookstore.  

No comments: