Thursday, August 24, 2017

Shannon's Review - The Secret Life Of Squirrels: A Love Story by Nancy Rose



TheSecretLifeOfSquirrelsALoveStory.jpg

Title: The Secret Life Of Squirrels: A Love Story
Series: The Secret Life Of Squirrels
Author: Nancy Rose
Genre: Childrens, Picture Book, Valentine’s Day
Publisher: Little Brown Books For Young Readers
Received: Borrowed
Release Date: December 2016
Pages: 32
Rating:
rating3sm.gif


Author Nancy Rose’s Official Websites:

Website

Blog
N/A

Facebook


Twitter



Shannon’s Thoughts:

This picture book is part of a series called The Secret Life Of Squirrels. This edition Mr. Peanuts has found love.  He takes his new love to bookstores, restaurants and, of course, the park.

I read this one around Valentine’s Day, which it is perfect for.  It is filled with very cute pictures of real squirrels in made up sets reenacting a couple dating.

Now the pictures are cute and so is the story. For me, I have to say it’s too cute. Like overwhelming sweet, which is why I took some stars away.  Don’t get me wrong I love squirrels they are adorable but the story gives me heartburn.

I am sure that children will love this book and not be overwhelmed by the sweetness. I am interested in checking out the previous books to see if I feel differently about them.

No comments: