Monday, October 14, 2013

Shannon's Review - Faerie by Delle Jacobs





Title: Faerie
Series: N/A
Author: Delle Jacobs
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Received: Purchased
Release Date: October 2012
Pages: 357
Rating:



Author’s Website:

Official Site




Shannon’s  Thoughts:

Leonie is born part fae but has grown not knowing her parents or the full power she is capable of.  She hid secretly the magic she used or she would be called a witch and burned. Sparks between her and Philippe le Peregrine are strong but they both have reasons to deny each other. Especially Philippe reasons which has to do with his first wife’s death.

Faerie has a nice mixture of fantasy and romance. Since I am not a fan of romance I have to say I would love to read a sequel to this book.  Sometimes books with romance can be sickly hokie.  The magic was in the romance and faerie powers. The love scenes were not forced but felt just right and the heat between Leonie and Philippe very believable.

There was some info or lack of  about the bad guys and or evil that was after Leonie and Phillippe.  It made me feel that maybe this might get made into a series that would explain more of Leonie’s parents history.

I have to  say I am surprised at how much I loved this.  I am starting to find that with many indie books.  I was caught by the beauty of the cover and I see the author has many books that look just as interesting.








No comments: