1. She likes to read what other are reading. Especially bestsellers on the NYT list.
2. Her husband is architect and has sketched some drawings that are in Blue Blood series.
3. She worked for fashion magazine editor and as a computer programer.
4. Where she was raised, in Portugal, they did not have libraries. When her family moved to the U.S. she was a child and they saw their first library.
5. Her series Witches of East End, a spin off of Blue Bloods, is being made into a tv show picked up by Lifetime. To air summer of 2013.