Friday, November 23, 2012

Shannon's Review - For the Love of St. Nick by Garasamo Maccagnone







Title:  For The Love Of St. Nick
Series: N/A
Author: Garasamo Maccagnone
Genre: Holiday, Religious, Juvenile Fiction
Publisher: Booksurge Publications
Received: From author for review
Release Date: March 2009

Pages: 62
Rating:


What is it About?

A young boy and his sickly brother await their father return from war.


My Thoughts:

Two siblings pray to St. Nick for their father’s safe path home.   The youngest boy tend to become ill so often that the family fears for him.   

Most people know St. Nick as a big jolly fellow who brings present on Christmas but the real St. Nick was much more than a toy giver.   St. Nick was known to be the Saint of children.  Helping small children that prayed to him.

The book was not what I expected I feel like some of the story in the beginning was just filler.  I wish I could say that I had a heartwarming experience but I did not.  I did not have enough time to feel for these children as the book is only 44 pages.   I felt like a book with St.Nick in the title should have described more of why they pray for St. Nick especially since everything else was seeming fully depicted.


Website:

N/A




No comments: