Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review - The Cutting Season by Attica Locke






Title: The Cutting Season
Series: N/A
Author:  Attica Locke
Genre: Mystery
Publisher: Harper
Received: From Publicist
Release Date:  September 2012
Pages: 384
Rating:


What is it About?

Caren and her family have lived on the plantation Belle Vie for many generations.  Walking the grounds Caren finds a dead body which leads for trouble for everyone on the plantation.

My Thoughts:

Generations of Caren’s family have lived on Belle Vie.  From slaves to running the plantation as a historical reenactment site.  With a recent murder that her daughter has a connection to, Caren has more to deal with than ever.

For a book that is labeled mystery I found a lot of it was predictable but sometimes addicting to read.   I say addicting because although I figured out who was working with the murderer I didn’t figure that Caren would keep so much from the police. The writing was okay I am not sure why but I could tell this was a newer author.   It was interesting that the love interest part did not overwhelm the story, like some mystery books do.  


Website:

Official Attica Locke Website
http://www.atticalocke.com/

No comments: