Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen







Title: Pride & Predjudice
Series: N/A
Author: Jane Austen
Genre: Classic, Fiction
Publisher: Public Domain Books
Received: Free
Release Date: 1813
Pages: 333
Rating:


What is it About?

Elizabeth Bennet meets FitzWilliam Darcy and immediately dislikes him.  He involves himself into Elizabeth’s sisters affair which makes Elizabeth tries to dislike him more.


My Thoughts:

The Bennet sisters Elizabeth and Jane are of age to court and find a spouse.  Elizabeth find one person in particular that she will never court, Fitzwilliam Darcy, or will his charming ways find their way into her heart.  

This book is suppose to be humorous.  I did not find anything funny or remotely interesting, well until Darcy came along.   In all truthness I can not see how this book has gotten so many other books based on the characters of Darcy and Elizabeth.  I don’t get it.  I wish I did.  I wanted to like this so much more than I did.   All I could see the book is about is dancing and gossip.  It reminds me of a older version of Seinfeld because it was about nothing.   I did not give diddly squat about anybody in this book.   Yes it is written pretty and well done but I had no connection to the people.
You are probably wondering why I would give any stars if I dislike it so much but the truth is certain moments caught my attention and as I said it is written pretty.  I only thought it to be okay maybe a little less than that.


Website:

Jane Austen Site
http://www.janeausten.org/

No comments: