Monday, August 20, 2012

Review - Where We Belong by Emily Giffin






Title: Where We Belong
Series: N/A
Author: Emily Giffin
Genre: Fiction
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Received: Purchased for book club
Release Date: July 2012
Pages: 372
Rating:


What is it About?

Marian has a great life things are starting to get even better until something or someone comes knocking at her door shaking up her world that she thought she left behind.

My Thoughts:

Marian works as a producer on a new show that looks like it is taking off. She has a steady boyfriend and everything seems to be working out until her past catches up with her. An 18 year old girl named Kirby knocks on Marian’s door bringing up secrets Marian knew that she would have to deal with.

I am starting to really like Emily Giffin writing. It only took me a couple day to read. I have only read one other book by her Something Borrowed and I saw the movie too. So why is this only the second book by her I have read? Because I have a lot in my “To Be Read” pile. I am glad the book club I am following picked this book. Emily Giffin has a very comforting way of writing . Her books remind me of Kristen Hannah books but still have a different feel for the characters. I love the young girl, Kirby, even though she was a teenager she handle everything ...almost everything as a adult. As for Marian, I feel she could have handled things differently. I am not sure I liked the end of the book but the more I think about it how else would it have ended to make me feel satisfied.

Website:

Emily Giffin’s Official Website
http://www.emilygiffin.com/

1 comment:

Marlene Detierro said...

This book is really good easy reading. It's catchy. Within the first few pages, you are hooked, and I guarantee you won't be able to put it down until you reach the end.

Marlene Detierro (Microsoft Downloads)