Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review - Ugly To Start With by John Michael Cummings



Title: Ugly To Start With
Series: N/A
Author: John Michael Cummings
Genre: Short Stories
Publisher: Vandalia Press
Received: From Author For Review
Release Date: October 2011
Pages: ebook
Rating:


What is it About?

Jason and his family life is a struggle not to mention dysfunctional. Each chapter is a stories taking place during Jason lifetime.

My Thoughts:

Jason tries to find ways to make his life better than it is now. Ugly to start with means his young life with his family and area he lives in has always been a little ugly. Each stories captures pieces Jason’s will to climb out of a dark hole or him getting pushed back in.

These short stories were very different from what I have read in the past. Although they are dark I was still wrapped up into Jason’s life that I could not stop reading. Even after I finished I was hoping for more. Probably the story that sticks with me the most with, Shanice, a black girl he gets a school project to draw her for art class. I felt I was really there with them just listening to their conversation. I was sorry when the book ended especially since it seemed it was on a cliff hanger. Eager to see what comes next.

Website:

N/A

No comments: