Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review - The Literary Ladies' Guide To The Writing Life by Nava Atlas




Title: The Literary Ladies: Guide To The Writing Life
Series:  N/A
Author: Nava Atlas
Genre: Writing
Publisher: Sellers Publishing
Received: From Author for Review
Release Date: March 2011
Pages: 192
Rating:


What is it About?

Quotes from famous female authors from last two centuries, such as Louisa Alcott,  Jane Austen, L.M. Montgomery and more.


My Thoughts:

It is definitely interesting reading the thoughts of the famous female writers now deceased.   Especially as they talk about rejection from publishers and sometimes family or peers.
Harriet Beecher Stowe discussed how hard it was to make time to write because she also had to care for her children.  

As a writer it is nice to know that all of them tend to go through similar things before they gain readers.  There was not much that I had not heard before though mostly from artists that are alive now.  I wish I could say that there was a quote from a author in this book that stuck out so I could share but to be honest there just was not one for me.  I liked the book , as I said, because the quotes of the deceased authors are a part of history and should make me feel that as a writer that I am not alone as every writer has their down or up moments.  It just didn’t give me that feeling.


Website:

N/A

No comments: