Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review - Between In Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samatha van Leer





Title: Between The Lines
Series: N/A
Authors: Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Received: Purchased
Release Date: June 2012
Pages: 358
Rating:


What is it About?

Young Delilah is a avid reader.  She comes across a fairy tale that she can’t put down even though she has read it many times.  One day the prince charming of the  book starts to talk to her.

My Thoughts:

I love books about retelling of fairy tales and ones that tell new tales.  I have never read anything by Jodi Picoult and I know this not one of her usual stories.  This story was brought to life by her daughter Samantha van Leer.

The character Delilah reminds me much of a younger version of myself.  Being addicted to books and letting them take over to the point I forget other including friends or family.  I imagine if one of the characters started talking to me like Olivier did to Delilah I would be even more secluded.   Delilah falls for the images and her conversations with Olivier.  Olivier doesn’t want to be in the fairy tale world anymore he want to be in Delilah’s world.  They try many things to bring him into the real world and they fail.

I was not expecting the ending.   I am not sure if I liked the ending but I did enjoy the story and the way it jumps to Delilah and Olivier in the different chapters.   It was also fun to see the characters talk to each other when the book was closed.  I do wonder what is going to happen to Delilah and Olivier.

Website:

Jodi Picoult Official Site
http://www.jodipicoult.com/

1 comment:

Tea said...

I have this one. Can't wait to start it.