Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins




Title: Catching Fire
Series: The Hunger Games #2
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Received: Purchased
Release Date: September 2009
Pages: 391
Rating:


What is it About?

The second book in the hunger games series brings the return of Katniss and Peeta.  They return to the capital only find them back in the games again.

My Thoughts:
 
I am a little disappointed in this one mostly because I thought they had finished the games and wouldn’t return so soon to them. I thought things would have been more political.   Going back to the games seemed like a safe move because she had already been there and we already know how the games were played.

I did find this book moved faster than the first book.  Even though I didn’t like going back to the games it did seem like they were barely there.   The ending is interesting and I hope that the third book will bring more flare.

Website:

Suzanne Collins Official Website
http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/

No comments: