Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Review - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


Title: Fahrenheit 451
Series: N/A
Author: Ray Bradbury
Genre: Science Fiction, Classic
Publisher: Del Ray Ballantine
Received: Bought
Release Date: 1953
Pages: 179
Rating:

What is it About?
A futuristic setting where fireman no longer stop fires but start them.   Reading books is considered wrong draw up question we should not think.


My Thoughts:
I was surprised by this book. I knew of it but did not know what it was a about.  Firefighters now take away books from the people who love them and the knowledge they bring but in this world knowledge is considered something bad they want people not think for themselves.

I also feel like there is more to this book that i am not saying.  It is a book that I think if you read over and over again you will understand more of the world. Sometimes that is what I have to do with Shakespeare’s books.



Website:

Official Ray Bradbury Site
http://www.raybradbury.com/

No comments: