Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review - Dangerous Angels: Weezie Bat Books by Francesca Lia Block



Title: Dangerous Angels: The Weezie Bat Books
Series: Weezie Bat
Author: Francesca Lia Block
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Harper Trophy
Received: purchased
Release Date: May 1998
Pages: 478
Rating:

What is it About?
A strange tale with various stories (this book holds the whole series) from those that Weezie Bat loves including her daugther Witch Baby, and her gay friend

My Thoughts:

With this series I was hoping for more fantasy. While there is some there is also a piece of reality fitting into the story. The world of Weezie Bat is kinda of gritty and reminds of reading a Poppy Z. Brite book but less graphic.  I thought because looking at covers there was fairies in the book and there are not fantasy fairies..   I wish there was more about Weezie’s daughterl, Witch Baby.  I felt I was itching to know more about her witch or djinn power.

Website:

Official Site of Francesca Lia Block
http://www.francescaliablock.com/

No comments: