Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review - Rosetta's Daring Day by Lisa Papademetriou




Title: Rosetta’s Daring Day
Series: Disney Fairies
Author: Lisa Papademetriou
Genre: Chapter Book, Children’s Book, Fantasy
Publisher: Random House
Received: Purchased
Release Date: August 2009
Pages: 118
Rating:


What is it About?

Rosetta the garden fairy and her friend Fawn the animal talent fairy are both as different as can be.  One likes to get dirty and play with animals the other likes to stay pretty an neat.  They make a deal to teach the other how to be the opposite testing there friendship.

My Thoughts:

I have to say this one was not one of my favorites.  Usually the Disney Fairies are spot on lessons while the friendship aspect was right the part about facing your fear just felt off to me. Yes they both face there fear and receive an award but in real life the reward is facing your fear you do not always get a reward.   So that part irked me.

I know it’s a kids book but still you are trying to teach kids with these books.  

Website:
http://disney.go.com/fairies/

2 comments:

Cinzia Anselmi said...

Hi i love so much this blog...please pass to my new blog...is really intresting and speaks about my beautiful books :))
http://cinziaanselmi.blogspot.com/

Soap Marie said...

Love this blog soo much