Friday, October 21, 2011

Review - Zinnia's Magical Adventure by Pippa Le Quesne



Title: Zinnia’s Magical Adventure
Series: Tales From The Flower Fairies Garden
Author: Pippa Le Quesne
Genre: Children Chapter Book, Fantasy
Publisher: Frederick Warne Publishers Ltd
Received: Swapsite
Release Date: July 2006
Pages: 80
Rating: 



What is it About?

Zinnia the garden fairy gets lost on a adventure.


My Thoughts:

I love Cicely Mary Barker’s art of the fairies always have but the story in the book does not do them justice.  Sadly I was bored with the book.   I read then had to skim the story maybe mostly because well I read a lot of faery books and this one just had no real story.  Most the faery chapter books I have read have a lesson or moral.  I am not saying that every book should have that but the adventure was just plain boring.    

I did like the different character fairies they all seemed to have there own personality including the elves.

The art is great, book cover beautiful with a nothing to write home about tale.  This is first I have read in the flower fairies series and I think I would read another to see how it is but I was really disappointed in this one.

For those that might like the series or something similar take a look at Fairy School series by Gail Herman.

Website:
Official Flower Fairies Site
http://www.flowerfairies.co.uk


Author Pippa Le Quesne Facebook Page

No comments: