Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review : The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard








Title: The Walking Dead Vol. 1
Series: The Walking Dead
Authors: Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard
Genre: Horror, Graphic Novel
Publisher: Image Comics
Received: Borrowed
Release Date: October 2010
Pages: 304
Rating:








What is it About?

The dead begin walking the the earth eating the flesh of the living.  Only a hand full of people struggle to survive.




My Thoughts:

I read this before the tv series came out and really enjoyed it!  There are some differences to the comic then the tv show.   Some characters that live in the Tv show die in the comic.  The fact that some don’t survive in the comic seemed more life like then what happens on Tv.

Being that is a horror comic and features zombies the comic does it get graphic and from what I understand gets even more violent as the time goes by.  Now a lot of people compare this to 28 days later which I have not seen.  I am not a big fan of zombie horror but that being said I thought this comic was awesome!

A lot of people also have problem with the way woman are treated in this comic.  I agree to some point that the woman should have more involvement to the protection of the community fighting but I wonder if it will be something that develops within the comic.   So I lean more towards waiting to find out.




Website:

N/A

No comments: