Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review - When You Wish Upon A Star by Judy Collins








Title: When You Wish Upon A Star
Series: N/A
Author: Judy Collins
Genre: Children’s Book, Picture Book
Publisher: Charlesbridge Publishing
Received: From Publicist for Review
Release Date: October 2011
Pages: 28
Rating:



What is it About?
A song written by Judy Collins with pictures adding includes a cd of 3 songs sung by the author/singer.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed the cd attached to the book with the three songs sung and written by Judy Collins.  Her voice is beautiful.  I also love the words to song When You Wish Upon Star even if I hadn’t heard it through Disney for years.

I liked the style the art was done in but the images to me didn’t capture the song.  Listening to the song it sounds very different from the snippets we hear from the Disney commercials and I feel as if the images where really all over the place.  I did not get the feelings that these were dreams of children or adults.  I just did not understand some of the connection.


Website:

Judy Collins Official Website

No comments: