Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Buffy The Vampire Slayer : The Long Way Home Vol. 1 by Joss Whedon

The Long Way Home (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 1)






Title: Buffy The Vampire Slayer : Long Way Home Vol. 1
Series:  Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 8
Author: Joss Whedon
Genre: Graphic Novel
Publisher: Dark Horse
Received: from  Net Galley free for review
Release Date: October 2007
Pages: 136
Rating:
 

What is it About?
Based on the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer this volume takes place after the final season on t.v. hence the reason it is called season 8 Vol. 1

My Thoughts:

This is my third time reading this part of the comic and I love everything about it.  Sure the story line may not go as I expected but that is the beauty of good story telling.  I may not like the story-lines completely but I enjoyed the shock of what happens.  

I enjoyed re-reading about my favorite characters Willow... heck I even liked Dawn in the comic book better then the t.v. series.  There is something interesting about a girl turned into a giant.

The art is superior and fits the writing.  For a Buffy fan the comics are pure heaven as for if you didn’t watch I can’t tell you but can only ask “Why don’t you watch Buffy?! Seriously you can get the DVD’s Now!”

Website:

Dark Horse Official Buffy Page
http://www.darkhorse.com/Zones/Buffy

No comments: