Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Winner of RABW 7/7/09!

And the Winner of Refer A Book Weekend is Sherrie who said...
Hi!I recommend "Retribution" by Jilliane Hoffman. Very fast paced book. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. You can see my review at my place, Just Books.Sherrie http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/review-retribution-jilliane-hoffman.html


I thought I would pick something I never heard of and see how I like.

Thank you to
gaby317 who recommended said...
A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr is an interesting read - about a tort action brought against several large companies for the improper disposal of environmental waste, the people that were badly injured, and the lawyer who refused to accept money for settlement. It's an engrossing read!It was also turned into a movie with John Travolta, which was also well done.


I actually saw the movie Civil Action but barely remember it only reason I didn't pick it is because I know the story since I saw the movie.

Thank to Llehn who said...
I would like to recommend The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Mr. Pausch passed away last year and this is his wisdom on how to achieve the most vital of all human yearnings: the realization of childhood dreams. Within his narrative are timeless lessons of showing gratitude, setting goals, keeping commitments, tolerating frustration, maintaining a sense of humor in the face of adversity, telling the truth, working hard, celebrating victories when they arrive, and choosing to be a fun-loving Tigger over a sad-sack Eeyore. This book will change your perspective on life. Here's the review at Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/Last-Lecture-Randy-Pausch/dp/1401323251/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246806117&sr=8-1


I actually seen Randy Pausch last lecture in video and it is a very special speech



Thank you to Sheila DeChantal who said...
I am going to suggest The Book Thief for you by Marcus ZusakIt is written from the perspective of death and is considered a YA read.


I actually listen to most of the Audio book of The Book Thief and got bored with it. I never finished it.

No comments: