Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Winner of RABW 6/16/09!

The winner is .... Sherrie who said...Hi!
I recommend "Are you there God? It's me, Margaret" by Judy Blume. You can see my review at my place, Just Books.
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/are-you-there-god-its-me-margaret.html Have a great weekend!

You know I have never read any Judy Blume I was more into Beverly Cleary. So I think I will give this one a shot.




To
Susieqtpie who said...I would like to recommend "B as in Beauty" by by Alberto Ferreras! IT wasn't anything like I expected! It was a fun book with a great theme threading through it! I've spoken to the author- he is on twitter- and asked him to write more about this character and others in the book! So time will tell!!!

Sounds almost like an Ugly Betty episode sounded okay maybe for another time.

To
Book Bird Dog who said...Hi, I recommend Purple Hibiscus by an award winning Nigerian author, whose book i have reviewed on my blog, www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com

The novel features a 15 year old girl in Nigeria who tries to make sense of her father's strict home and religious rules while being exposed to another world by her aunt, a university professor.

This one didn't really grab me. Sorry.


To Llehn who said...

I'd like to recommend Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Here's a blurb on the book :

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

I haven't read this one yet but I have friends who have and they told me that if I only read one book this year this is the one. Here's the review up at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Shiver-Maggie-Stiefvater/dp/0545123267/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244907659&sr=1-1

The catch is the book is only released in August.

I have heard of this one before it sounds like a good one. The title always throws me off and I think it is another book. Maybe next time.

No comments: