Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winner For RABF 2/7/09


Congrats to Jessica who is our winner for this week's RABF! She recommended Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I know this suppose to be a retelling of a fairy tale which I love fairy tales. It has FAIRY in it. lol That is not the only reason it is the fact that I loved a retold fairy tale and hope to come up with one myself some day. Congrats again!

Janel - Jonathan Rand seems like a good author for those kids that love scary stories and I would have loved him as a kid. Unfortunately as an adult my marbles have gone quite lucid and takes anything (even the little things) scary and turn it into a big thing. So even though I am sure he is probably similiar to R.L. Stine's Goosebumps and probably more funny then scary. I can't do anything scary.

Jenny - CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain looks like an interesting story but to be honest i checked some of the Amazon reviews and some of the negative ones made me question whether i would like it or not.

Kristen - The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble I had the same issues that I had with Jenny's book. The negative reviews at amazon turned me off. Although I was closer to choosing this one and it would have been my second pick.

Becky - Legend of the Wandering King by Laura Gallego Garcia something about this book seemed that I might find it boring. Yet there are some aspects of it I like. I don't know why but i also thought the same thing about Steinbeck's Ghost (even though I picked that lol) and I loved Steinbeck's Ghost. So I could be wrong about it.

BookWormz - Devil in the White City by Erik Larson seems like a good book but i don't know if i could handle the evil serial killer part of it. I get nervous just walking by the true crime area. That section give me the heebie jeebies. *shivers*


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Shannon! I'm so excited to have won. I really do think that you'll enjoy Goose Girl.