Monday, November 3, 2008

Musing Mondays



Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about boys and reading…

Do you know of any young boys who do not like to read? Why do you think boys so often don’t? What can we do to encourage them to read more?

My younger brother doesn't like to read. To be honest I am pretty sure it because once he came around my parents worked more and when it came down to reading stories it was left for me to do. So he didn't get read to as often as I did. He use to like reading Garfield or Heathclif comics but now he has no interest in reading books at all. He was also one of those kids who never stayed in one place for a long time. He had a lot of energy but I hear that is how boys are. Anyway I definitely think if he had been read to more it would have made a difference.

No comments: